Cold brew season is upon us. Kickoff summer with this vanilla orange cold brew you can make with a French press. Unlike most cold brew recipes, this one combines orange zest with the coffee grounds and brings out a punch of delicious citrus and chocolatey notes in your cold brew.
• 2 oz coarse ground coffee (we used Organic Café La Dueña)
• 2 cups water
• ¼ tsp vanilla extract
• zest from half an orange
• Honey to taste (we added 1 tsp)
• Milk or alt milk of choice (we like oat!)
• Grind 2oz of coffee beans on coarsest ground setting
• Pour into French press
• Add orange zest into coffee grounds
• Pour 2 cups of room temperature water over grounds and stir until all of the coffee grounds are wet
• DO NOT PRESS FRENCH PRESS
• Let sit at room temperature for 12 hours, then slowly press the plunger down to the bottom of the French press
• Pour cold brew into cup
• Add vanilla extract, honey, milk to taste
Whether you need to add a little motivation to your Monday or just a caffeinated weekend treat, this vanilla orange cold brew will hit the spot on any hot summer day. We’ve tried this with oat milk and regular milk and they were equally delicious! Want more? Try multiplying the recipe to have a whole batch for the week. Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram with your Allegro Coffee creations!